Proudly Serving Baltimore!
ELSCO Transformers offers an extensive range of transformers and related services to organizations in Baltimore and the surrounding Maryland areas. Our extensive product selection includes stock and custom-built padmount and dry type transformers with ratings from 500 to 2,500 kVA and primary voltages of 2,400 to 34,500. In addition, we offer services to cover all your transformer needs, from custom bus work and retrofits to emergency replacements and repairs.
Transformer Types We Supply in Baltimore and the Surrounding Maryland Area
ELSCO supplies medium-voltage transformers for various applications in the Baltimore region, including:
- Dry type transformers: A dry type transformer uses circulating air to prevent the system’s insulation, coils and windings from overheating. While dry type units work for both indoor and outdoor applications, they are perfect for indoor use because they are pollution-free and nonflammable. We build these units locally with premium materials to meet the highest manufacturing standards.
- Padmount transformers: A padmount transformer works well for outdoor applications with variable climates. These designs contain lockable front doors that add extra security for applications like schools, restaurants, stores and other areas with heavy foot traffic. Our padmount systems come with either aluminum or copper windings and are hand-wound locally in the United States.
Our In-Stock & Ready to Ship Dry Type Transformer Selection
500 to 2,500 kVA Transformers In-Stock
Transformer Services We Provide in Baltimore
At ELSCO Transformers, we understand the importance of having a dependable provider that offers a full range of services to keep your equipment running without interruption. Our industry-best service capabilities include the following:
- Transformer retrofits: ELSCO’s retrofitting services enable us to customize a new transformer to your exact system requirements, ensuring a precise fit and faster installation than most stock options.
- Custom bus work: Our custom bus work capabilities allow you to equip a retrofit transformer with the connections you need to accommodate your existing setup.
- Transformer repairs: ELSCO has specialized in transformer repair for over a century, offering to recondition and rebuild units for various industrial and commercial applications.
- Custom-built transformers: If you require a custom-built transformer or retrofit unit with bus work, we’ll design a tailored solution that meets your specifications and provides an exact fit to your existing system.
- Emergency replacements: We supply emergency replacement transformers for quick delivery that help reduce downtime and keep your operation moving. We ship replacement dry type and padmount units faster than most competitors.
Benefits of Choosing ELSCO Transformers
When your Baltimore organization chooses ELSCO for transformer products and services, you’ll partner with one of the country’s most experienced supply companies. Since 1912, we have offered high-quality transformer products and services to an extensive industry range, including manufacturing plants, construction companies, general contractors, educational institutions and more. We work closely with each customer to meet their exact system requirements and deliver a lasting solution.
Our transformers consistently provide power at a lower cost than other industry options. These products exceed all national energy efficiency standards, including the American National Standards Institute (ANSI), Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) and National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA).
Contact the Professionals at ELSCO Transformers Today
If your organization is looking for a service provider that can cover your medium-voltage transformer needs in Baltimore or other nearby locations, ELSCO Transformers is a perfect choice. We’ve been delivering the highest-quality solutions to commercial and industrial entities nationwide for decades. Connect with our experts online today to request a quote or additional information.