Careers at ELSCO Transformers
View our open positions and apply today!
About ELSCO Transformers
Electric Service Company – ELSCO Transformers was started back in 1912 by a couple of Westinghouse engineers who left Westinghouse to repair and rewind any transformers that failed. We have been in the repair and rewind business ever since. After repairing practically every make and model out there, we started manufacturing our own brand of dry type transformers in 1988 based on everything we learned as far as what is a superior design and what is an interior design.
ELSCO Transformers hires and has the best people. We adhere to the strictest standards to produce the highest quality transformers with the quickest delivery. As we continue to grow, we are looking for passionate, qualified, and talented individuals to join our innovative staff!
ELSCO Transformers is always looking for talented individuals to join our team. If you have experience in transformer manufacturing or transformer repair, contact us for potential employment opportunities!
Employment Opportunities at ELSCO
- Transformer Coil Winding Technician
Transformer Coil Winding Technician
ELSCO Transformers is looking for a coil winding technician to work full-time at our location in Cincinnati, Ohio. We are looking for a candidate with five-plus years of experience in the techniques, procedures, and practices of winding coils for distribution or power transformers. In order to apply, you must have a high school diploma or the equivalent of a high school diploma.
Monday to Friday from 8 am to 4 pm. Overtime will be available when needed.
- Health Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Vacation Time
- Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance
- Work from design sheets, engineering drawings, specifications and design prints.
- Set up winding machines and expandable mandrels.
- Braze copper and aluminum leads.
- Wind single and multi-conductor disc, single and double helix and layer windings including round and rectangular coils.
- Recognize conductor pressure points and how to insulate these areas.
- Build winding bridges and risers used in disc windings.
- Refer to manufacturing practices, standard practices, winding designs and bill of material to interpret and obtain the winding form size, conductor size, turns, layers, tape, glue, insulation and dimensions to name a few key items.
- Adjust and maintain conductor tension in order to meet coil dimension requirements.
- Recognize conductor and winding defects in order to take corrective action including notifying a supervisor as needed.
- Repair coils of any type and size at various stages of manufacture.
- Provide assistance in on the job orientation and training of other employees as well as help out in other work areas on a temporary basis as needed.
- Keep tools, equipment and work place neat and orderly.
- Unload and upend coil and position end assembly as required.