Since 1912, ELSCO Transformers has been providing commercial and industrial customers with electrical transformers, in-stock retrofit replacements, build to order units and rewind/repair services. Our dedicated team works tirelessly to ensure that we meet and exceed our customers’ needs and expectations. From building an extensive variety of transformers to providing a full range of transformer repair services, we uphold our founders’ legacy of excellent customer service and impeccable technical expertise.
Who Is ELSCO Transformers?
ELSCO Transformers was founded in 1912 by two former Westinghouse engineers committed to solving one problem: transformer repair on a mass scale. Thus, ELSCO Transformers was founded as the nation’s first transformer repair facility.
Today, we carry on our founders’ vision for supporting commercial and industrial transformer applications and uninterrupted power needs across the U.S. From helping customers select the right transformer models for their facilities to providing transformer retrofit replacements within a quick time frame, ELSCO Transformers remains a full-service replacement and repair leader in all things related to medium voltage transformers.
Why Choose ELSCO Transformers?
ELSCO Transformers is a leader in high-quality transformers and transformer repair services in our shop. Our current team has over two decades of experience meeting customers’ electrical needs through top-notch installation and ongoing care.
Here is why we’re rated as one of the best transformer manufacturers and service providers in our region:
- We’re capable of performing essential repairs or rewinds on any type of medium voltage transformer — for every application.
- We’re one of the only transformer companies in the nation that designs and manufactures copper wound dry type transformer models.
- We serve a wide array of industries, including manufacturing, health care, education, government, utilities, electrical supply houses, high voltage contractors and more.
- We boast incredibly high customer ratings for our products and services.
- We’ve had zero warranty issues or failures due to workmanship or quality since we began constructing our own dry type transformers in 1988.
- With our Quick Ship service, you can expect your units to be on the road within 24 to 48 hours after your order.
- We offer a five-year warranty on all of our new dry type transformer models – an industry best. The industry standard is just one year.
- We provide custom retrofits with high voltage cable along with low voltage custom bus work for plug-and-play seamless retrofits.
- Our customer support team is incredibly dedicated to meeting your needs — from transformer education to step-by-step troubleshooting.
- We offer free quotes on all of our products and services.
Every year we spend in business is another year that we dedicate to improving our customers’ experience. From keeping our catalog stocked with the industry’s highest quality dry type transformers to providing customers across a diverse line of industries with prompt, thorough and friendly service, ELSCO Transformers is the premier choice for electrical professionals.
Dry Type Transformers
ELSCO Transformers specializes in designing and manufacturing dry type transformers. We’ve been producing dry type transformers in our facilities since 1988, and our commitment to superior quality has awarded us with an excellent track record. We offer customers various transformer options for uninterrupted power supplies that fit their specific industry’s unique applications.
The main distinction between dry type transformers and most other transformer types lies within their cooling systems. Instead of using a liquid cooling agent (oil) to prevent the unit from overheating, dry type transformers rely on ventilation through air circulation around the windings. This configuration protects the internal components, particularly the coils and insulation, from reaching the point of thermal shock damage.
We offer various padmount transformers, all of which are constructed in our facilities and shipped directly to your location. Our liquid-filled padmount transformers are among the most advanced designs in the industry and provide an array of customization options.
Purchasing your padmount transformers from ELSCO Transformers provides you with the following major benefits:
- They can be customized to fit your specific applications.
- We offer mostly new padmount transformer models.
- Our padmount transformer options accommodate the needs of most industrial and commercial applications.
- Our padmount options also include incredibly cost-effective power output capabilities.
- Every padmount transformer that leaves our facility is made in the U.S. and tested numerous times before shipping.
- Copper and aluminum winding options are available for build-to-order models.
Padmount transformers are ideal for a wide range of applications, including hospitals, correctional facilities, manufacturing plants, shopping centers and more. Their tamper-proof construction makes them a safe option even for residential settings where they connect underground power lines. Plus, our padmount transformers feature a power range from 500 to 2,500 kVA.
Transformer Service and Repairs
Since ELSCO Transformers’ inception in 1912, our company has been providing medium voltage transformer repair and rewind services for customers all over the commercial and industrial business spectrum. Today, we’ve expanded our capabilities to include an extensive list of transformer services, such as:
- Custom bus work.
- Transformer customizations.
- Emergency replacement.
When you need reliable transformer service and repairs, you can trust the experts at ELSCO Transformers to quickly understand and meet your needs.
Custom Bus Work
One of our most popular transformer services is custom bus work. With this service, we take your new dry type transformer and modify the HV cable and LV bus to slide right in and bolt right up for seamless retrofit replacements.
Our experienced team can come directly to your facility to take all of the necessary measurements in order to perform custom bus work on any retrofit dry type transformer. Contact us to learn more about this service.
When your transformer breaks or struggles to maintain its original power capacity, it’s time for a transformer retrofit. Transformer retrofitting refers to the process of replacing an old transformer with a new unit that fits the design and power requirements of your facility.
We can retrofit dry type transformers, padmount transformers, in-stock replacement transformers and most other medium voltage transformer types. If your facility’s transformers are nearing the end of their lifespan or are unable to meet your increased capacity needs, reach out to ELSCO Transformers for custom retrofitting work.
Contact ELSCO Transformers
At ELSCO Transformers, our customers’ needs are always front and center. From transformer installations to on-site troubleshooting, we’re proud to serve all industries with top-notch transformer repair, maintenance and installations. Request a free quote when you contact us online or call 800-232-9002 today.
The ELSCO Difference
ELSCO Transformer’s Blog
facebooklinkedinyoutuberssSubstation transformers feature either a round or rectangular core and coil assembly. A transformer's iron core and windings are designed to carry magnetic flux through the transformer, and the core is typically constructed in a round,...