The team at ELSCO Transformers has more than a century of experience in retrofitting. Through the replacement process, you can meet your facility’s demands at a more affordable capital cost. Our plug-and-play retrofits streamline your installation so you can get faster results.
What Is Transformer Retrofitting?
Retrofitting involves replacing an old transformer with a new transformer customized to your specific dimensions. A retrofit from ELSCO Transformers goes beyond a standard replacement. When you order a retrofit transformer, you get a replacement that helps you meet your company’s evolving electricity needs. Your retrofit will also have a design meant to fit into your existing power system.
Do You Need Your Transformer Retrofit?
Our clients have numerous reasons for replacing their transformers, including:
- End of lifespan: If you have an older transformer, you may need to replace it to keep your facility up and running.
- Increased capacity needs: As your business grows, so should your transformer. We can retrofit your old model with a higher-capacity transformer.
- Natural disaster: Lightning, flooding and other weather events can cause premature transformer failure, requiring a prompt replacement.
- Overloading: Harmonics and increased electrical loads can break down and weaken a transformer, requiring an updated design or a retrofit.
- Maintenance issues: When you experience frequent maintenance issues, you likely will need to update your transformer.
Emergency Replacement Services Available
At ELSCO Transformers, we also offer emergency replacements when you have an urgent need for a transformer. When you have a sudden outage that halts your operations, we can get a retrofit unit on the road within 24 hours. For emergency service, call us at 800-232-9002.
Types of Transformers That We Retrofit
ELSCO experts specialize in engineering, repairing and retrofitting medium voltage transformers. The types of retrofits that we offer include:
Dry Type Transformer Retrofit
We specialize in developing and retrofitting dry type transformers with long lifespans. Features such as advanced insulation and 100% copper magnet wire keep your ELSCO retrofit running.
Padmount Transformer Retrofit
You can also request a replacement for your liquid-filled padmount transformer. Our build to order padmount transformer retrofits can include custom items such as electrostatic shields, high short-circuit strength engineering and K factor designs.
In-Stock Replacement Transformers
Depending on your specifications, we can retrofit a transformer using our wide selection of pre-owned models. When a customer orders a pre-owned model, we can modify their purchase to match their existing systems.
Other Medium Voltage Transformer Retrofits
Contact us for more information if you have a medium voltage transformer retrofit in mind.
Reasons to Choose ELSCO Transformers for Your Next Retrofit
Clients choose our transformer solutions for advantages such as:
- Key team members who have more than 21 years of transformer experience each
- Industry-best five-year warranty on new dry type transformers
- Quick ship dry type and padmount transformers that can begin transit within 48 hours
Contact Us for More Information
Get the custom retrofit your business needs with our in-stock replacement transformers. Call us at 800-232-9002 or contact our team online for more information about our services. To learn more about medium voltage transformer pricing, request a quote today.