Custom Bus Work
When your plant or facility needs to increase energy production or capacity, or you need to replace an existing dry type, you may have to alter infrastructure to meet your goals. Replacing your dry type transformer with a different model can prove costly, especially because it can require you to rework all the connections to and from the transformer.
To save money while upgrading, many facility managers turn to new retrofit transformers. These custom systems can provide greater power capacity while maintaining the connections and dimensions of the original.
At ELSCO Transformers, we can provide custom bus work for retrofit dry type transformers. For a perfect fit, our staff will make sure the new low voltage bus bars line up with your facility’s existing low voltage gear and include any necessary high voltage cabling to the high voltage gear. When you provide specifications, we can equip your medium-voltage dry type transformer with the right bus bar arrangement for your applications.
Benefits of Dry Type Transformer Bus Work
Custom bus work comes with a number of advantages for companies interested in upgrading their dry type transformers. At ELSCO Transformers, we provide custom bus work to:
- Solve unique challenges: Custom bus work will allow you to equip a retrofit transformer with connections that accommodate your space. You can use our custom bus work services to connect a Motor Control Center (MCC) to the transformer, share regenerative drive energy and more.
- Simplify the installation process: Retrofit transformers with custom bus work are designed to fit in the space your old transformer occupied. You won’t need to rework any connections or build new enclosures, which means saving time during installation.
- Reduce the cost of upgrading: Retrofit transformers will reuse some of the hardware you already have, which will lower the cost of upgrading your facility’s infrastructure.
Our Custom Bus Work and Retrofitting Services
The engineers at ELSCO Transformers can provide custom bus work and transformer retrofits of medium-voltage dry type transformers. We will build your transformer to match your drawings and specifications, then place the bus bars in their proper place. Then, we’ll ship the system to you for implementation. When you choose us for custom bus work, your company can benefit from:
- Fast turnaround: It can take up to 12 months for a new transformer to arrive. ELSCO Transformers can fulfill retrofit orders much more quickly so that you can stay on schedule.
- Years of experience: Key members of our team have more than 21 years of experience in the industry.
- High-quality results: Our customers receive well-built transformers that function for years with no issues.
See Examples of Our Past Work
The best way to assess the quality of a full-service transformer company is to see its success demonstrated. View the photos in our gallery for examples of the kind of custom bus work we’ve done for customers in the past.
Contact ELSCO Transformers to Learn More
We are dedicated to helping commercial and industrial clients meet their evolving power needs. Whether you manage a university campus, hospital, correctional facility, electrical supply house or another type of facility, custom bus work can allow your retrofit dry type transformer to relay power efficiently. To request service or learn more about our capabilities, fill out our online contact form, call us at 800-232-9002 or request a quote today.