Electrical Utility Transformers
Today’s market demands more reliability and flexibility from power utilities than ever before. Trends in green energy and advances in technology require efficient and reliable electrical equipment.
At ELSCO Transformers, we design and build medium voltage transformers for utilities using industry-leading approaches. Utility companies count on our products for their performance and durability.
The Benefits of ELSCO Medium Voltage Transformers for Utilities
We understand that Utilities need to meet a wide range of demands with their transformers. Our experts can support you in emergencies and special situations to help you deliver results. The advantages of choosing our transformers include:
Our engineers carefully manufacture each transformer in our Cincinnati, Ohio, facility. When you need a shorter turnaround time, our lean manufacturing creates some of the industries fastest lead times resulting in faster shipping. In addition, we stock primarily new, medium voltage dry types and oil filled padmounts for even quicker shipping. The in-house manufacturing process involves no automation, leading to higher quality engineering.
Every ELSCO transformer features industry-leading materials for better reliability and efficiency. We wind every transformer with copper conductor and insulate the coils with Nomex insulation and SG200.
Custom Engineering Available
When you need a specialized solution, ask us about our custom builds and custom bus work. Our engineers will work with you to develop a product that meets and likely exceeds your company’s requirements.
Our Medium Voltage Transformers for Utility Providers
To meet a variety of client objectives, we sell multiple types of medium voltage transformers. Our selection of products and services include:
- Dry type transformers: At ELSCO Transformers, we consider dry type transformers one of our specialties. These machines use air for cooling and can be used for both indoor and outdoor applications. The Nomex insulation protects indoor environments from fire, while a weathertight Nema 3R outdoor enclosure can make a dry type transformer usable outside.
- Padmount transformers: Padmount transformers use liquid for cooling and install on concrete pads. They provide cost-effective versatility in situations that require outdoor operation.
- Unit substation and station type transformers: We also work with select models of unit substation and station type transformers. Each of these transformer varieties has different uses and strengths.
- Repairs and retrofits: When one of your current transformers malfunctions or breaks down, we can perform repairs or provide a retrofit. We customize both of these solutions to your needs.
Reasons to Choose ELSCO Electrical Utility Transformers
Organizations across industries partner with ELSCO for transformers, including utility providers. Our clients choose us for these advantages:
- Experienced technicians: Your transformer will come from our engineering team, where key staff members each have more than 21 years of experience. Their expertise forms our in-depth manufacturing processes.
- Quick ship and emergency services available: When you have an immediate need for a transformer, consider our expedited services. We offer quick ship products and emergency replacements.
- Market-leading customer service: Count on our representatives to give you expert guidance throughout the purchasing process. You may reach out to our team at any time to get help with your order.